Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Confession time….


I have NEVER cooked a Thanksgiving dinner and most of the time I don’t even make anything to contribute to the meal….gasp!

The past 11 or so years we have spent Thanksgiving out of town at my mother in law’s. She loves to cook and really likes to do it all herself. I was always her helper though. I chopped and stirred and whatnot, but not much more than that.

Well, she moved closer to us this past summer so we {her included} will be spending Thanksgiving with MY family at my parent’s house. seems weird.

Since my mama won’t let me off the hook like my mil does, I’m busy cooking up my contribution to tomorrow’s big meal.

I’ll be making some of Paula Dean’s sweet potatoes {for the life of me I can’t find this recipe online to share with you},

FestiveCranberry-PineappleSalad2_0X155_12_15_2009
and some of
this cranberry salad. {I assure you, mine won’t look this perfect}

and
these seriously tasty brussel sprouts

We aren’t having our big dinner until tomorrow evening so we thought it would be  fun to have a big brunch in the morning.

pw cinnamon rollsI am making some of
PW’s cinnamon rolls, eggs, skillet potatoes and my mother in law is bringing some country ham.

yum.

I’m happy just thinking about it all.

I have so much to be thankful for. There are so many people that would be happy to have only a fraction of all the food I just listed off.

I am truly blessed by a wonderful family, great friends, food to eat, a roof over my head and most of all, a God that loves me like no one else could. flaws and all.

Blessings~

Lastdayfreshmanyear-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!