Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookie day

My mom, sister, daughter and I all got together for our annual cookie day on Saturday.  I always look forward to this day, but by the end I’m really glad we only do it once a year.

IMG_1239

I attempted to make Oreo cookie pops. You are supposed to be able to put a popsicle stick in the double stuff Oreos and dip them in white chocolate. what a fun gift for some of the kids, I thought

IMG_1240

FAIL…..I only ended up with about 5 that had sticks in them. The cookies kept braking on me so I resorted to just dipping them. kinda boring if you ask me. I wanted them to be on sticks. oh well, can’t win them all.

IMG_1244

I also made these pretzel, rolo, pecan treats. Still one of my favorites. So easy to make and they are the perfect blend of salt, sweet and chewy. I also made some of this Toffee, but I have zero pics to prove it.

IMG_1285My sister took on the Ande’s mint cookies this year {bless her} They are the  tastiest chocolate cookie ever created.  Fudgy minty goodness at it best.

IMG_1253

My sister also made these homemade oreo cookies. delish. The filling is peppermint and the cookie is devils food. I think I’ll go have one now.

IMG_1277My sister also made some little almond shortbread like cookies. I think they are my favorite non-chocolate {that’s a whole ‘nother category} cookie. Small, cute, buttery, almond= yummy!

We had lots more that we made that I never got a decent picture of. Honestly, way too many, but we will share.

What is your favorite holiday cookies or candies?


1-signature




2 comments:

  1. With that first picture of your Oreo Pops I was thinking, "Wow, she's like a Bakeralla!"

    Thanks for keeping it real. And aren't those rolo-pretzel-things so yummy. Too yummy and easy.

    You guys make some pretty treats.

    PS Have I told you how much I LOVE my flower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the pecan rollo pretzel bites last year & this year - I LOVE THEM! Thanks for the great idea...I mentioned this in my post here:

    http://christinasadventures.com/2011/12/what-i-made-gave-for-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!