Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy {Heart} Day

4923106_YRKTLXtn_c

I hope you had a lovely day filled with things and people you {heart}.
 
I spent the majority of my day at the doctor’s office with my little man. He is not feeling well. I almost took him to the emergency room last night because he just wasn’t breathing well, but I held off because I didn’t want to over react. The doctor told me she probably would have taken him in so then I felt bad that I didn’t.  Just can’t win. Over react? under react?….uugh!

Ironically,
last year on Valentines we were dealing with the exact same issues and Josiah did end up in the hospital for several days. We are praying it doesn’t end up the same way this time.

The rest of the day was spent on school and waiting for prescriptions at Wallyworld. 

We gave the kids some little Valentine gifts, but honestly I really don’t care for the day. Forced love. Neat. I dont' want anyone to tell me they love me because they feel like they have too. no thanks. 
Meg said it best. I completely relate to her. We could be twinks {except I’m not as cool as her}. 

My husband came home from work and fed me a chocolate from the box of candy his mom gave us. That was it and I’m good with it. I know he loves me….everyday.

Britt just handed me an almond joy. She knows the way to her mama’s ♥.

So, all that to say, there were no big goin’s on around here for the big day o’ love.

That doesn’t make it any less lovely though.
There is plenty of lovely in the ordinary day.
Plenty of opportunities to tell your sweetie and kids how much you love them.

Each and every day.

You really don’t need a special day for that.

Blessings~

1-signature 

photo source    
>

5 comments:

  1. Aww.. very sweet. I love it. I was happy just to get a "Happy Valentines Day babe. I love you." from my fiance that works on an oil rig. I was quite surprised and it made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that I do love Valentine's Day but I think that's only becuase it's my birthday month! None the less, I'm glad you had a great day filled with love the exact way that you wanted it. I agree - you and Meg could be twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the fun kids stuff for Valentine's day, but I'm not really big on the flowers and chocolates thing. But my hubby did get me roses and make us steaks for dinner:) I hope your little guy is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sickness on Valentines Day? Bummer.


    Yup, I agree with Meg; commercialized holiday. But it sure is fun anyway, and any time I can incorporate some pink and red in my life, I'll take it. :)

    Hoping everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog! Love it! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!