Friday, June 17, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

I love me some red, ripe juicy strawberries.

IMG_3472
They are so great this time of year so now is the time to make yourself this wonderfully tasty, addictive salad.

It has it all.
sweet
tangy
chewy
crunchy

Oh, I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!

I know there are many variations on the strawberry spinach salad out there, but here is what I put in mine. It’s the best, if I do say so myself.


1 Package prewashed baby spinach
1lb Strawberries, sliced
Chopped pecans
Raisins {I used golden, but either is fine}
Red Onion, sliced very thin
Feta cheese, crumbled
Poppy seed dressing {I like Brianna’s}

I don’t really measure anything, I just toss what looks good together and then I devour it :)

It makes a very pretty salad for a shower or party. I wait to assemble until right before serving and then I toss the salad with the dressing. It always gets rave reviews.

Enjoy!


this post is linked to: Tasty Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday

1-signature

9 comments:

  1. I've missed you sweet friend. I was just thinking this morning that I was so happy you were able to go to Florida and have a restful vaca. You deserve it! I love you and am so thankful for all you do at WCCC. You both are such a big part of our ministry and we are so thankful for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE strawberry salad...and feta!
    This looks delish!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes yes.. I LOVE spinach + strawberries, everything else is just icing on the cake! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration for my dinner tonight! I tossed fresh spinach leaves with anything and everything hangin' around!! MMMMMMM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you guys, too! "Amen" to everything that Shannon said above! I appreciate you and am thankful to be able to serve God alongside you! Love you bunches!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy! Would come over and share some of your recipes at my link party Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up your recipe at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you come back tomorrow and share some more of your awesome recipes!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love it if you would join me in linking up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10-rural.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!