Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Caramel Brownies


IMG_3454Not gonna lie, these will not be found on any weight loss plan.
They are super rich, but oh so good.
That is exactly why I NEVER {ok, maybe once} make them to keep at home.
I try to make them only when I have people to share them with so I can eat one, call it yum and not hate myself for eating the whole pan.

IMG_3465But, if you do hoard keep some for yourself, just go right ahead and cut them into small squares and store them in the fridge. They taste like a little bite of heaven when cold.  just sayin’….they. will. not. disappoint.

Caramel Brownies

2 German chocolate cake mixes
1 can evaporated milk {not condensed}
3/4 cup butter {1.5 sticks}, melted
1 16oz bag of caramels or caramel bits
6oz chocolate chips

In a large bowl, mix the 2 cake mixes with the melted butter and 1/2 of the can of evaporated milk. Stir until mixed well and moist.

Spread 1/2 of the cake mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes at 350.

Meanwhile, combine the caramels and the remaining evaporated milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring often until the caramel is completely melted.

When the first layer of your cake is done baking, pull it out and spread the caramel mixture over the top. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips. You will then top the caramel and chips with the remaining cake mix. It will not be spreadable. So, with clean hands, take a scoop of the mix and flatten it in your hands and place it on top of the caramel layer. Continue until you have used all the cake mix. You may have holes where there is no cake mix, but that is ok, it will fill in as it bakes.  Bake at 350 for an additional 15-20 min.

Cool, cut and enjoy!!


this post is linked up to: The Weekend Wrap-Up, Tasty Tuesday

1-signature

11 comments:

  1. mmmm, saw this first thing this morning, do you think it might be a tad too much for breakfast? looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, those look good, and I'm with you - not making them unless there's company coming. And then making sure they finish them off before they leave! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... I am so going to make these!!

    Your homemade cupcakes from a box are now my go to recipe. I've made them like 5 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....what about with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? These look so dreamy, I love caramel (and no one else in my family does so I get to eat them all!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownies are my weaknes... I am totally pinning this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make this recipe but with a chocolate cake mix without pudding in the ingredients, I use sure fine brand. It's hard to find but if you ever do they make these brownies even more decedent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. brownies make me swoon... and these look super delish. Gotta pin this one for sure:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely recipe and beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try. Nice space you got here.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your recipe looks so good. I would love it if you came over to my party "Cast Party Wednesday" tomorrow and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Alisa, these brownies look wonderful! I'm with you, I can't make a big batch when no one is around or I will definitely eat all of them myself! Hope you are having a great Summer so far.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!