Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mom's best zucchini bread

My family loves to have fresh bread for breakfast or a bedtime snack and really anytime in between for that matter. We can easily go through an entire loaf in a day. Here is a favorite zucchini bread recipe of ours:

INGREDIENTS
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1/4 cup wheat germ (or 1/4 cup flour)
(you can use all-purpose flour instead of the whole wheat flour & wheat germ)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cup grated zucchini
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS

  1. Grease and flour two large or 3 small loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Sift flours, wheat germ, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugars together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
I apologize if the pink writing gives you a headache, but my daughter just returned home from a Women's Christmas program and dessert extravaganza and in her sugar high is insisting I do the recipe in all pink. 

Go here for more December daily photos

2 comments:

  1. I've made this bread before only with white flower. I need to try the whole wheat kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good recipe ,sad to say I am a baker and I never made zucchini bread , the only thing I change was the flour I mix half cake flour and half all purpose flour much lighter bread.

    Mariz
    Visit us Top Towing in Georgetown TX company

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!