Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine cream cheese brownie cupcakes

Here is a cute idea for those wanting to make something heart shaped for Valentine's but don't really want to shell out the dough for some fancy heart shaped muffin tins or cake pans. I did this years ago with regular old cupcakes and frosting, but I think I like this better because the heart shape really stands out....and it involves chocolate and cream cheese...together. It doesn't get much better people! You will need: A 

9 x 13 size brownie mix with listed ingredients 
8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened 
1/3 cup sugar 
1 egg 
mini chocolate chips (optional) 
pinch 'o salt 
12 marbles (glass only please) Go rummage through your kids rooms, I'm sure you can find some. 
paper cupcake wrappers/holders 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put wrappers in muffin tin. Prepare your brownie mix and fill each wrapper 1/4 - 1/3 full of batter (not any more or they will bubble over). Take a marble and push it down between the wrapper and the side of the muffin tin to push in the wrapper. Make sure to push it all the way down. You may need to pull up on the wrapper just a touch. they should look like this Next cream your cream cheese, sugar, egg and salt until it is smooth and fluffy. Fold in your chocolate chips. Place one dollop of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each cupcake brownie thingy. I feel like they are looking at me...creepy! Terrible pictures....sorry! Bake for about 20 minutes until set in the middle. Please remember the marbles will be hot when they come out of the oven. This makes about 24 sweet treats. enjoy!  
Visit Kitchen Tip Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for more great recipes and kitchen ideas.

11 comments:

  1. and you are bringing me one of those tonight aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute and what a clever idea. I made some cupcakes and I was wishing they were heartshaped, good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea and I bet the kids would think it was cool to use marbles! Cream cheese sounds good to me Thanks for the cute and yummy recipe!
    Have a great Valentine's Day!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out cute. I'll have to try these out. My son would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! I have everything to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the name of your recipe and I had to come look! Wow! Wish I had one of these right now...Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little balls of foil work great for marble-less moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are really yummy by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cream Cheese? Brownies? Cupcakes? Three of my favorite things in one recipe - wonderful! I can not wait to try these... and how clever with the marbles?!?! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!