Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Our Easter weekend

I know that I mentioned before that we had a lovely Easter weekend (except for Brittney being sick) with family and friends. I didn't really get any fantastic pictures this year, but I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. We normally try to get a family photo on Easter, but we didn't since Brittney wouldn't have been in it and that just isn't right. We started out Saturday morning by going to an egg hunt at my parent's church. Josiah was super excited except he didn't care to see the Easter bunny (too big, too scary). Early in the morning he was trying to decide what line of defense he would take with him to the egg hunt...the big Nerf gun or the light saber? We took neither and he actually even waved at the bunny. The boys did some crafts....what sweet little pudgy hands! Later in the afternoon we decorated some eggs. The purple came out more grey than I'd have liked...eww! This is pretty much what Brittney did ALL weekend long..poor girl. Easter morning...boys were very excited and terribly goofy. We tried to take a few pics before heading off to church, but the boys were just too giggly and squirmy. We went to church and had a lovely morning with friends celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. Worship was wonderful as usual and so was the sermon. After church we went over to my Brother's house for a big lunch with my side of the family. Eric's mom came too and my sister in-law's family was there as well. I'd say there was about 20 of us...it was a full house, but lots of fun. There was lots of eating, more egg hunting, lots of golf watching, wii playing, definitely some lounging, some uno attack, a little piano recital by my nephew and of course lots of laughs and fun. Add ImageAll in all it was a great day of celebration. I was so exhausted when we got home, I came in sat on the couch and didn't move for about 4 hours...seriously.....and then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!