Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The perfect dessert (almost)

It's sweet....It's salty.....It's creamy.....It's crunchy......It's perfect!!! Well, almost....there is NO chocolate involved so it can't be perfect, but it is pretty dreamy! Plus it's got fruit in it so it can't be all that bad for you, can it?? Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Crust: 2 Cups crushed pretzels 3/4 cup melted butter 3 T. sugar Preheat your oven to 400°. Take your pretzels and process them in a food processor until crushed but not too fine. If you don't want to go to all that fuss, throw them in a plastic bag and roll over them with your rolling pin like I did Now you need to spray a 9 X 13" baking dish with some no-stick spray (learn from my mistakes, all that butter won't keep it from sticking). In the bottom of your pan mix the pretzels, butter and sugar together and press evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then cool completely. Creamy layer: 1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened 1 (9oz) Cool-whip, thawed 1 Cup sugar Combine thoroughly in a bowl until nice and creamy. Spread on your cooled crust. Here's mine...pre-spreading. Make sure to do it gently so you don't mess up your beautiful crust. Strawberry layer: 1 (6oz) Strawberry jello 2 Cups boiling water 1 (20oz) package frozen strawberries (not in syrup) In a bowl mix the jello with the boiling water and stir until jello is dissolved. If you strawberries are on the large size (mine were the size of a golf ball...no kidding), I suggest cutting them in half. Add the strawberries to the jello and stir until it begins to thicken. Gently pour on top of the creamy layer and refrigerate until firm (at least 4 hours). Eat, Enjoy....amaze your loved ones with your culinary abilities. Here, I made a piece just for you For more recipe ideas and tips visit Tasty Tuesday & Tempt my Tummy Tuesday,

12 comments:

  1. That is one of my FAVORITES!!!!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. om my word! that looks SO yummy! off to print it right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with Cool Whip... I'm in!! Looks delish!

    Happy Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been a family favorite at our house for years. It's sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really love this dish! My mom always made it around Thanksgiving. It is de-licous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! looks great! I bet you could use choc cover pretzels, and you'll have your chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say, it really is a good recipe. I haven't had it in years. Wishing for a bit of it right now. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know that I never had heard of this when I lived in WI and when I moved to the South this was the BOMB of all recipes. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing with Tasty Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we love this recipe. we use strawberry junkit rather than jello and I think it adds a stronger strawberry flavor. delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could reach right in the computer screen and grab a piece of that yummy looking dessert!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!