Friday, July 24, 2009

A little end of the summer reading

I know....summer is almost over, at least in a back to school sort of way. 

My kids head back to school in a little less than 3 weeks....uugh! 

It went by so fast it hardly got started. Despite the fact that it's almost over, I thought Corban and I could read through a fun book together and brush up on some math skills before he heads back to school. 

DSCF6169
Yesterday I stopped by a new little store up the street called SAVERS. Did not know what to expect at all since I had never heard of them before. Apparently it's like a Goodwill, a much nicer cleaner, better organized Goodwill and it benefits Big Brother and Big Sisters.  

I didn't really need anything so I just mostly shopped the books and found some perfect ones for Corban at a mere .69¢ each. 

That's better than most garage sales.

Now which one should we read first? 

I'm thinking there is surely enough time to make it through Treasure Island. 

Visit Life as Mom for more great frugal ideas

1 comment:

  1. I would read Star Wars first, but I'm nerdy that way! :) I should go check that store out!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!