Friday, September 25, 2009

Gettin' ready

I mentioned before that my Mother in law signed me up to do a craft fair in December in her town. 

I've never done a craft fair before....I've shopped them, just not sold at them. Uh....stress! 

I've been trying to think of things that I would like to buy at a craft sale. I will bring my Uppercase Living things to show and make some ornaments using UL as well as some boards,etc., but I really wanted to sew some things to sell.

I enjoy sewing, but I just never seem to have the time or the place to do it. This gives me a good excuse to actually sit down and make some stuff. I had so much fun shopping for fabrics yesterday and Josiah was really good for the hour and a half that we were there....a real blessing!

I came home and got right on making a few little things. I made this baby blanket based on one that a friend of mine made for another friend. Her's was all girly and sweet, but I thought I could boy it up and make it just as cute and I think it worked. I found lots of cute fabrics for boys and girls and just can't wait to make more. 


DSCF6609


I finished the first one last night and showed my hubby. He smiled and asked if I hoped no one would buy it.....uh, kinda.... because I love it! There will be no more babies around our home though so I guess it has to go. 

I still {heart} it.

DSCF6629


I'm also going to make a bunch of these little travel tissue holders and key fobs. Maybe people will buy them as stocking stuffers.  

I'm off to finish up preparations for the craft I'm demonstrating/sharing at a Woman's retreat tomorrow.

Have a blessed weekend!

I'm hooked on sewing cute stuff....what are you hooked on? Visit Hooked on Houses to see what other people are hooked on or Kimba's DIY day to see what other people are creating.

9 comments:

  1. you are so talented! That blanket almost makes me want another one! I bet that stuff will sell FAST!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're definitely a talented seamstress and the things you made are cute! Love the detail on the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so totally wanna shop at that Craft Fair now!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What craft fair? Where? I just started B & R Picklesnorts again and need to get craft fairs lined up. Please share.

    www.eatfartandbark.blogspot.com will show off two of the designs.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um...I can think of someone that might like a baby blanket in about 6 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! Good luck at the craft fair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ideas! Good luck at the craft fair... just remember to have fun! Don't overwork yourself.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that baby blanket. So cute. Love the material. I'm having a giveaway today. Stop by and enter if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Awesome job! I wish I could sew like that! i am sure you will do great at the show!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!