Sunday, November 22, 2009

Menu plan - Week of 11/23/09

Ahhh...........there are 3.......count them THREE!! whole days on my menu this week that I don't have to cook. Doin' a little dance just thinking about it. 

AND they are all in a row!! 

Woot! Woot! 

Does that seem excessive? 

It's not that I don't like to cook, but it is oh so nice to have an extended break occasionally.

Don't worry 'bout me though, I will not be sitting around eating pumpkin pie and watching food network all week. I have plenty left to do to get ready for this craft sale coming up in less than 2 weeks. eeek!


Here is my very much abbreviated {smile} menu plan for the week. 


Monday- Chili and cornbread


Tuesday- Perfectly fluffy pumpkin pancakes with apple cider syrup and sausage


Wednesday- day off!!


Thursday- day off!! {Happy Thanksgiving!}


Friday- day off!


Saturday- Sloppy Joe's, carrots with dip and apple slices


Sunday- Slow cooker chicken stroganoff, green beans and fruit



Go check out orgjunkie for more menu inspiration

2 comments:

  1. Morning Alisa,
    I know what you mean, even if you love to cook, it is always nice to have a break! Glad you are getting a 3 days break. Sweet!
    I actually love to cook at times,
    it is the clean up I hate! My dad
    owned a restaurant and loved to cook and when he would visit us after we married occasionally he would cook for us. Once he made saugage gravy and biscuits, they were wonderful but he made enough for an army, so I was trying to find ever container I had to put it all in to freeze or give it away, and my kitchen looked like a wreck on top of it. And I said Daddy I think I know why you like to cook so much now, it's because you never have to clean up after yourself! He always had dishwashers to do that! Including me! lol He laughed, cause he knew it was true!
    I think I could really love to cook too if I had dishwashers all the time! lol
    Recently I asked my hubby if he had an inclinations at all towards
    cooking and he said No, not unless I get to wear a Chef's hat......
    so guess what he is getting for christmas! (If I can find One) lol
    I might just have to make one.
    Hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving. I take it you are going away somewhere for Thanksgiving, how nice, and hope you all have a super time.
    I will be cooking, Oh Poor Me! lol
    I do get some help from the family tho!
    Blessings,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisa! I tried the crock pot chicken stroganoff today and it was really good! Jared & Shannon's boys were here this evening and they all liked it, except picky Eli! (must be a little like his daddy!) Although he even ate the chicken out of it! Richard liked it a lot and is taking leftovers in his lunch tomorrow! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Hope you and your beautiful family have a great Thanksgiving with family! Love ya! Anita

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!