Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A little reading....a little listening

Do you feel overwhelmed like me? Do you feel like the work is never done? This mom thing isn't easy and nobody has it all together no matter how it might look from the outside.

-Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers has an uplifting article about REAL MOMS. You should go read it {you will be glad you did} and then sign the list if you are one.

- I love this article from At the Well on the homekeeper's woes. It is a nice reminder.

-Over the weekend we had the privileged of taking the whole family to a concert by Down Here. Ever heard of them? They were just amazing! It was a really small venue {we got 3rd row...smile} and the whole concert was just a great reminder of what Christmas is all about and really helped me focus .

I know that I posted this last year, but there were only 2 of you reading at that point so I thought I would share it again. It is my most favorite Christmas song and it is just beautiful. It really focuses in on the true meaning of Christmas.....and the guy has got an amazing voice to boot!





How many Kings? by Down Here
Follow the star to a place unexpected
Would you believe, after all we've projected,
A child in a manger?
Lowly and small, the weakest of all
Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl -
Just a child -
Is this who we've waited for? 'cause...

How many kings step down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
And how many gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that is torn all apart
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Bringing our gifts for the newborn Savior
All that we have, whether costly or meek
Because we believe.
Gold for his honor, and frankincense for his pleasure
And myrrh for the cross he will suffer
Do you believe?
Is this who we've waited for?

All for me...
All for you...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alisa,
    That was a great song! I have never heard it before or heard of the group. thanks so much for sharing that! I truly enjoyed it!
    And the song is so full of truth.
    Merry Christmas dear,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, I just want you to know that I get great inspiration from you. I admire who you are as a woman, a mother and a Christian. I love reading all of your posts and can only hope to be a strong Christian like you.

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to Beth's comments!!! I absolutely love that song, too!

    Love you,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!