Monday, February 8, 2010

Ruffled fleece scarf

I was getting a little bored with my striped fleece scarf from Old Navy and I keep seeing lots of ruffled scarfs around blogland so I thought I would give it a try. Here is what I came up with....

DSCF8840

pretty simple really.

IMG_2526

I used my NEW {not really new, it's been in my sewing box for about 10 years, but I didn't know what on earth it was} ruffler attachment for my sewing machine and it took about 5 minutes. 

I like it enough {the scarf} and it will make this next snow storm a little more bearable. I still want to make one like this out of knit fabric.

This post is linked up to 
Motivate Me Monday
Make it for Monday  
Making the World Cuter
Made it Mondays 

Kimba's DIY day
Today's Creative Blog
The Girl Creative
 

11 comments:

  1. Super cute! I like how it looks with your jacket! I need one of those ruffler attachment thingies...I'm such a newbie to sewing that I have no idea what I'm doing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is so girlie. I just love it, I want one for every day of the week, I am so tired of being cold. And I am in the south and really do not deserve to whine, but I need spring. I am glad to hear you like your ruffler, I don't have one but am thinking of getting one but, I didn't know of anyone who had used it. Thanks for the info. Stay warm, and have a good week.

    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I will have to see if my machine has a ruffler attachment. What does it look like?

    I'm really liking your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so you can't tempt us and not give a tutorial!!

    It's totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute...fleece is so inexpensive and this is a clever way to doll-up a simple scarf...I've also seen these with the ruffle sewn down the scarf in a "s" or "swirled' pattern...great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like it, it looks so warm and comfy. I really love the color too!
    -Kaysi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alisa,
    what an adorable scarf. It looks really great. Don't you love when you have had something for years and you finally find a use of it, or figure out what to do with it??? lol
    That is great! I have never seen one of those scarfs. Guess I lead
    a sheltered life, or else Florida doesn't have them!! lol
    Have a great day,
    Blessings Hon, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh! I think I need a ruffle attachment! I've done it with a long stitch pulled from the top, but it takes forever to get the ruffles all even and nice. That sounds so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this. The ruffle turned out great!

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shade of blue and so pretty and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if I have a ruffler?!?! SO cute! Thanks for sharing-and for linking back!
    -Tiff

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!