Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blogger issues…..some thoughts

*********update...apparently blogger has changed things back as far as loading pics, but people are still having troubles with formatting. I still highly suggest checking out Windows Live Writer linked below**********


I know there are many of you out there having issues with Blogger lately {good to know that I am not alone}. I certainly do not profess to know all {or much} about Blogger, but I can tell you a few things that could help.

On loading pictures:

*I have had a horrible time with this lately and it is FRUSTRATING. Taking an hour and a half to create a post should have taken 15 minutes is not cool.

*You now have 3 options when you want to load a picture into your post. Pull it from your blog, Picasa or host your pictures elsewhere on the web{flickr, photobucket etc} and use the HTML code.

*You probably wouldn’t use the first option much, unless it is a picture you’ve previously posted.

*Picasa- even if you don’t have Picasa loaded on your computer to manage your photos you probably already have a Picasa Web Album {you may not even know it}. If you regularly {or ever} load pictures on your blog without using HTML then you have an album already. Blogger automatically hosts your photos in a Picasa Web Album. Just go to your Dashboard and in the upper right hand corner click on “My Account”. On the account page you will find a link for your Picasa Web Album with all the pics you have ever loaded to your blog. This is where you will need to load your pictures FIRST before you can put them in a blog post.

*The last approach is to host your pics on Flickr or photobucket and use the HTML code to paste them into each post. {more info on that here}

On formatting:

*Blogger’s ease of formatting really just kinda stinks! It has never been great, but lately it seems worse {even before the picture loading changes}. It won’t let me format my text correctly and it makes my pictures disappear sometimes…..uugh!

*Solution……
Windows Live Writer……….it is soooo much easier and you can actually see exactly how your post will look before you post it. Adding pictures is a breeze and there are tons more options on formatting.  I highly suggest trying it. You do have to load it on your computer, but it is more than worth the trouble.

Like I said before, I am no blogger expert, but I thought some of you might find this information helpful.

Blessings,


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to give it a try!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you use Windows Live Writer, do you keep your URL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! I've had frustrations with Blogger lately too . . . somehow the "live" version never looks like the preview and everything's all out of whack. Soooo frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra- yes, If you use Live Writer you still keep the same blog address. It's just a different {easier} editor.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!