Saturday, June 26, 2010

My hot date

I’m supposed to be on a hot date with my hubby right now celebrating 11 years of wedded bliss.

But, um….you guessed it, I’m not.

Instead my hubby is at work {why yes it is 11pm on a Saturday nigh} dealing with some crisis at the hospital wherein the AC went out and lots of big expensive equipment must be monitored/fixed.  Neat. So much for my hot date.

So I sit here perusing the blogosphere for the next great idea and came across Melissa at  A Familiar Path’s little Q&A she just posted and thought…..well, I don’t have much else going on……. so why not?

Feel free to play along. Leave me a comment if you do so I can come see your answers.

What color are your socks right now? No socks, but I am sporting a lovely tan line from my sandals today.

What are you listening to right now? my dryer squeaking {I really should replace that belt}

What was the last thing you ate? BBQ chicken and peas.

Can you drive a stick?
Yes indeedy!

Last person you spoke to on the phone?
My hubby

How old are you today?
39 years 11.5 months

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV?
None really, just not a big sports fan

What is your favorite drink?
McDonald’s coke

Have you ever dyed your hair?
Oh yes!

Favorite food?
Mexican. or maybe Asian. oh wait, maybe just desserts….so hard to choose.

What is the last movie you watched?
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs {is that as sad as it seems?}

Favorite day of the year?
any day I can spend with my whole family together….and everyone is in a good mood.

How do you vent anger?
I yell….not really productive

What was your favorite toy as a child?
  Probably a wooden doll cradle my dad made for me

Favorite Season?
Spring and Fall….I can do without the cold or the heat.

Cherries or Blueberries?
Depends, can I have both????

Living situation?
One happily married couple with 3 great kids, 2 goldfish and 1 hermit crab

When was the last time you cried?
A couple days ago…..

What is on the floor of your closet right now?
What isn’t? Shoes, 2 purses, a bag of clothing returns that need to be made and some shoe boxes

What are you most afraid of?
something happening to my children

Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
  Cheese please….and tomato, lettuce and a little bit of mayo…………yum

Favorite dog breed?
don’t really have one, but the kids want to get a miniature cockapoo and they are very cute.

Favorite day of the week?
Sunday without a doubt. I get to see most of my favorite people,  praise the Lord and possibly sneak in a nap.

How many states have you lived in?
Kansas………that’s it and I like it that way. I often wonder what it would be like to just up and move somewhere else though, but then I would really miss all those favorite people I see every Sunday.

What is your favorite flower?
  big fluffy pink peonies

Did you get an H1N1 vaccine?
Nope. I prefer not to do anything the government tries to persuade me to do.  

*********************************************
On a completely different note, I was honored with 2 blog awards this week and I just want to say thanks to the lovely ladies who gave them to me.

Maria from Learning, Living, Loving gave me the Sunshine Award
sunshineaward
Thank you very much Maria, I really appreciate it! I would like to pass this award onto

Melissa from A familiar Path….love reading her blog and looking at her wonderful pictures
Mary from Pin.Sew.Press…..is always ready with a sweet comment and she is always whipping up something pretty to look at.
Mrs. Dunbar from Living intentionally…..love her personality, her philosophy on life and beautiful pics of her sweet boys.
Missy from It’s almost naptime……no matter the subject, this girl will crack you up {or make you think hard about things}

So ladies, take your award and pass it on if you like.

I also received The Beautiful Blogger award from Joy at Momma’s kinda crafty. 
beautiful-blogger
I really appreciate this! I’m supposed to list things you might not know about me so I’m hoping the list above will suffice since I’m sure you all probably didn’t know much of that info.

I’m also supposed to pass this award on to a new blog that I have found and enjoy so I would choose Emily at Decor Chick! She is new on the blog scene, but she has lots of great posts already.

Thanks again ladies for the awards! Hope you all are having a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, that's such a bummer about your hot date! I hope you can reschedule soon. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks so much Alisa!! You are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was certainly a fun, fun post to read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played along. :) Congrats on the 2 awards. You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the kind words.
    i got to thinking after i posted mine that sunday is probably my favorite day of the week too. it's a relaxed day of worship and time with my family. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and by the way, on the H1N1, I agree - for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!