Friday, June 25, 2010

On brotherly love and skippin’ rocks

The boys and I went to the Deanna Rose farmstead yesterday. It was a beautiful day out with no humidity and only about 85 degrees. Just lovely.

We started off by getting a big bag of rocks to go mining for treasure.
IMG_6504 They each came home with a bag full.

IMG_6510 Then I talked Corban into sitting on this cow so he could be my “cowboy”. Apparently he thought I was a bit goofy.

IMG_6511I love taking the boys places like this because it brings out the brotherly love that is sometimes lacking when we are at home. 

Corban seems to be on a personal mission lately to correct  e v e r y t h i n g  that comes out of Josiah’s mouth, but when we get out somewhere like this he goes into protection mode.
IMG_6557 Making sure the goat doesn’t actually eat his brother.

IMG_6515
IMG_6517 Helping Josiah get all the way around the way around the tractor track. There were plenty of boys Corban’s age riding the tractors, but he forewent the fun in favor of helping his brother.  

IMG_6522
IMG_6552 It was an afternoon well spent.

After dinner we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and go to the park.
IMG_6603 The sunset was breathtaking
especially reflecting off the lake

IMG_6606Hubby gave the boys some lessons on skippin’ rocks.
It’s an art ya’ know


it’s important to have just the right rock.
it must be flat
roundish if possible
preferably triangular in shape

It’s been a while since I’ve done any rock skippin’
my shoulder hurts today

IMG_6622 it was a great day


IMG_6593 

the only thing missing was Brittney.
I can’t wait until she is home from camp

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That is an amazing pic of the sunset! Don't you just love that Deana Rose is FREE. I don't know why we don't do it more often. The kids always have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Britney to give me a heads up on a certain boy who went to camp this week. He's my oneriest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pics! I admire you for doing fun things with the boys on a beautiful summer day! Making great memories! And you capture them beautifully with your camera! Love ya! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORNING ALISA,
    LOOKS LIKE A FUN TIME AT THE FARM. ISN'T IT WONDERFUL WHEN YOU SEE YOUR CHILDREN GETTING ALONG SO WELL AND BEING SO SWEET, IT IS PRICELESS. I ALWAYS FOUND MY CHILDREN GOT ALONG SO MUCH BETTER IN THE SUMMER TIME WHEN THERE WAS LESS OUTSIDE INFLUENCE GOING ON, I ALWAYS HATED TO SEND THEM BACK TO SCHOOL CAUSE THINGS CHANGED SO MUCH JUST WITHIN DAYS.
    THOSE SUNSETS ARE BREATHTAKING, AND SO WONDERFUL YOU WERE ABLE TO CAPTURE THEM! SO ENJOYED THEM!
    TAKE CARE HON,
    BLESSINGS, NELLIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photos of the sky! beautiful.
    my son would about DIE for that tractor! adorable :) so americana!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!