Monday, June 7, 2010

Ruffled Checkbook Cover

IMG_5961
A couple weeks ago I made this cute little checkbook cover with some new fabric I got and I thought it was pretty cute {and useful}
IMG_5966
especially when you open her up and see the cute dots! 

Then I was thinking.....

IMG_5976
everything is cuter with ruffles…right? I know this is quite a shocking statement coming from me :)
IMG_5981
and just look at the contrasting fabrics on the inside. A simple and sweet version of one those little necessities. Might as well make it cute!


Come back tomorrow and I’ll do a quick tutorial so you can make your own. You can find it HERE.

This post is linked to: Made it Monday, Making the World Cuter Monday, The DIY show off, The Girl Creative, Sew and Tell, Take a look Tuesday, Sew cute Tuesday, Today's Creative Blog




Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. The ruffles are just perfect! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes please!!! I need one asap!!! SOOOOOO fun and super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely with ruffles, super cute!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever and creative project ~ well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink one!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a ruffle girl!! Can't wait for the tutorial...my checkbook needs a new cover!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything's cuter with ruffles isn't it? :)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this idea! I'm going to try this myself as well as an idea that I had as a result of seeing this project. I'm going to make sweet little yo-yo's from the inside contrasting fabric to embellish the front of the cover with. Can't wait to start! And might I add how comforting it is to be aware of other women out there who love the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could even do something fun with rifraff or ribbon :) I like this idea. I am planning on making all homemade gifts this year and I think I am going to make one of these for my mom.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!