Tuesday, June 8, 2010

uneventful

Blogger has been acting weird so I haven’t been able to post my Summer Snapshots because I refuse to use I really can’t stand using blogger’s editor since I’ve started using Windows Live Writer. It is soooo much faster and easier that it is almost painful to use blogger anymore.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful, but I managed a few shots anyhow.

IMG_5926My funny girl got back from her cruise with my mom and now she is off again to camp. Her life is rough….she actually might have tried to tell you it was on Saturday afternoon when she had to mow the yard…so rough!


 IMG_5930Both boys sacked out in the car on Saturday afternoon. A rarity. {someone should really clean up that mess in the backseat}
 
IMG_5954 I got a wild hair Saturday and decided to make some homemade Tamales. I hadn’t a clue what I was doing, but they turned out pretty good. This was my set up. There are some things you definitely need when making tamales:

1. Send all the kids away with dad so you have a nice quiet kitchen.


2. Must have all TV remotes handy
3. If one laptop is good for reference, then a second one nearby for back up is twice as nice.
4. Legos are optional, but you never know when you might want to build a robot or something.
5. A box of donuts nearby for moral support is good {it was national donut day after all…did you miss it?}
6. It’s also good to have some corn husks, Masa mixture, some pork filling, some wax paper and a big pot. 

It was quite a lot of work, but for a beginner they turned out pretty decent.

I have exactly zero pictures to prove this.

My hubby liked them and that’s really who I aim to please so it was all worth it.  

TheSweetLife


Feel free to keep linking up to my Summer in Snapshots linky party.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I missed donut day. :( It's a good thing you had the Legos there just in case tho!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me giggle. I'm full of Alisa love lately...just saying. You're pretty wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!