Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It’s a good thing

When it rains, it pours. I’ve heard the saying before, but this is kind of ridiculous.

*The dryer is still squeaky and taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to dry anything {I’ve been too busy to fix it yet}

*Our air conditioner is frozen up……ironically, this translates to a very warm home.

*My van has a lovely squeak when it’s too wet outside.

*Did I mention it’s very wet outside?

*Fourth of July fireworks were rained out and the kids had to do their sparklers in the pouring rain…bummer.

*My dishwasher makes a horrible noise occasionally and sometimes likes to dump a couple cups of water on the floor while it runs.

*I think I need new tires on the van before we drive to Colorado.


This may seem like a long complaint list, but really it’s not. Just the reality of life in a broken world.

It’s a good thing that my hope is not in earthly possessions. They will fail us every time. It is a 100% guarantee.

My hope is in the Lord and I know that he will care for my every need.


“We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.”


Psalm 33:20


4 comments:

  1. Amen Alisa,
    You are so right!! The Lord just blessed me with free lenses for my glasses this morning!! Very unexpected, I thought I would just get a good deal, Free Lenses, can't get much better than that!! God is so good, and always meets our needs.
    Hope you are having a great summer, squeaks,
    leaks and all!! lol
    You are right too, that when it rains it pours,
    but He truly is faithful to His children!!
    Blessings and quick fixes!!
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great post, cuz life IS like that. We live in a fallen world! and sometimes it just gets annoying!

    I'm especially hoping that your dishwasher and AC get fixed. Our dishwasher wouldn't work right and we discovered dog hair in the impeller. Isn't that pathetic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! I love your attitude! You are an inspiration!

    love ya,
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I often dwell on everything that is not going quite right. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!