Monday, July 12, 2010

Tap, Tap

Is this thing still on? Is anyone still out there?

The lazy days of summer are getting away from me. Why do we call them lazy? They are anything but. Crazy might be a better description. It feels like I’ve been going non-stop for the last couple of weeks and I’m ready for a little lazy.

Maybe next week.

I am happy to report that my dryer no longer squeaks. $50 in parts and a little muscle on my part equals a nice quiet dryer. Thank goodness for the nice guys who show you how to fix stuff on You Tube. I think you can learn most anything on there….good and bad.

We also have a nice cool house in which to abide. We spent most of last week a bit too warm and the AC guy came Friday morning to recharge the coolant thingamajig {why  yes, I am very technical. thank you very much}.

Because of our warm home last week, I really didn’t cook much and my husband is a bit tired of eating out. He would never actually tell me that, but I can sense it. I’m a bit tired of it too and am ready to have a week of homemade food. I have lots to do this week so there is nothing to time consuming on my menu, just good quick food. This is what my week in the kitchen will look like.

Monday: BLT sandwiches with cantaloupe and fresh veggies with dip

Tuesday: Upside down pizza with salad and fruit

Wednesday: BBQ chicken with macaroni and cheese and peas

Thursday: Mexican pork bowls

Friday: Grilled chicken with grilled corn on the cob and skillet potatoes

Saturday: Grilling out before the Royals baseball game with friends

Sunday: Lunch-Chicken stroganoff with green beans  Dinner- leftovers

What are you cooking this week? Have you tried anything new that you just loved?? I’d love to know about it.

I’m hoping to share some pics this week from my birthday mystery dinner.   It was so much fun and everyone’ costumes were just great. I think my hubby stole the show in his nerd outfit. I loved it and felt very loved that my friends would go to so much work for my birthday. What a blessing to have such great friends.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great meal plan! :-) You might like my post today with my pea pod chicken recipe. It is scrumptuous, and a nice dish to serve to company too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!