Sunday, September 5, 2010

Menu plan week of 9/6/2010

First off I just wanted to say thanks so much for all the love you’ve show for the toilet paper pumpkins….you all are amazing!

Onto my menu struggles

Oh, I have struggled…..really struggled to do a menu plan lately.


I have tried, but it just hasn’t happened.

This has consequences around here. When I don’t make a menu, I don’t feel like going shopping because I don’t have a list and I don’t want to buy random stuff. When I don’t go shopping, well…..you can probably guess that there isn’t much food to choose from and that makes cooking even more difficult. 

A vicious little cycle indeed. It’s driving me crazy.

I’ve decided I just need to pull up my mommy panties and make a menu, even if I don’t feel like it {and in case you were wondering, I don’t feel like it}. Our week goes soooo much smoother when I do, so I will.

So here it is, in all it’s forced glory:


Monday:
Marinated grilled chicken, grilled corn on the cob and rice pilaf


ham&peasTuesday: Ham and cheese au gratin and salad

Wednesday: dinner at church, I’ll be taking my {lighter} version of
PW’s cinnamon rolls for dessert. 

Thursday: Slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches,
broccoli slaw salad and corn casserole

pizza Friday: Pizza on the grill and salad

blackbeanburger_thumb[8] Saturday: Southwest brown rice and black bean burgers with guacamole and tomatoes

chili chickenSunday: Leftovers for lunch and Chili chicken and pasta with garden tomatoes for dinner


Do you ladies ever have times when you are completely uninspired in the kitchen? Is it just me?  oh, I really hope not.

for more menu inspiration go check out orgjunkie

4 comments:

  1. Okay, you've just inspired me, it's back to work on Tuesday so gotta get organised. Printed off the ham and cheese au gratin to start, yum!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great menu for the week, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed =) What a yummy week at your house!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!