Thursday, September 30, 2010

A new fall wardrobe


For me? ……I wish {but it wouldn’t look like this} 

A few weeks ago a friend of mine from childhood {that I haven’t seen in at least 20 years…..oh, I really shouldn’t have said that, it makes me seem old} called to see if I could make her little girl {she’s 2} some shirts for this fall.

IMG_8543

Apparently her little girl is not too much of a girly girl so pink was not really an option. This is not my normal modus operandi when it comes to sewing for little girls.

I like pink

pink ♥ pink ♥ pink
polka dots, flowers
oh, and ruffles
girly stuff

I would like to think I’m normal {don’t respond to that}


anyhoo, back to the shirts

IMG_8515While there is nearly no pink or purple involved….gasp! I think they turned out pretty sweet. I made her 8 shirts total {including a birthday shirt I already gave her, which did have a smidge of pink ♥ in it}. One of the initial shirts is for her daughter’s best friend at daycare. Isn’t that sweet?

So, that’s what I’ve been working on in my spare moments this week…..how about you?

this post is linked to Show and share day, Fingerprints on the fridge, Fun to craft, Sew stinkin’ cute, Sew and Tell, A quilt story  


18 comments:

  1. They are really cute! I'm sure she will enjoy wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out soooo cute! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love them! they are so cute. you did a great job. i'd wear them in a second and i'm o.l.d.
    (stopping by from sew and tell)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love them all, but my favorite is the cupcake one. I have four little girls that would totally be in love with all of them (although they would prefer a whole lot more pink!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what cute shirts! You should do a tutorial of how you made them :)

    www.laforcebewithyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. those are beautiful! I'm a mom of 2 boys, so we'd don't get a lot of cutesy here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I would love to fill Emilee's closet with handmade shirts by Alisa! :) I love that cupcake one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute shirts! She'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW could she not LOVE pink??? *Gasp :)
    They turned out gorgeous regardless - good job you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are too cute! The cupcake is my favorite! :o) Visiting from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I love these! My daughter would LOVE them too--even if there is no pink! You see? It just goes to show that things can turn out adorably in different colors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are really pretty shirts. I'm sure your friend's daughter will love them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! we would love if you came and linked up to our linky party at quiltstory.blogspot.com today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally heart appliqué shirts, too! I love that sun shirt you did, so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love applique! These shirts are adorable and she will love them!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!