Monday, October 18, 2010

Izzy

She is just the sweetest thing

Izzy
A friend of ours was needing to give one of their puppies away and we just happen to be needing a puppy {or so the kids have been telling us for at least the last year} so, you do the math.

1 puppy needs a home
1 home needs a puppy
voila…we have a  new puppy!

We are so blessed to have been given this wonderful pup. Thank you so much to Jane and her family for letting us have her. She is so well mannered and great with the kids. Plus…..BIG plus….she hasn’t had an accident inside yet.

{I realize by saying that, she will automatically have one within the next 24 hours. Shame on me for mentioning it. I’m already regretting it.}

The kids are having a blast with her and as an extra perk, the boys are keeping their toys out of the living room floor. I do realize we have only had her for a little over 24 hours and this will probably come to a screeching halt eventually, but I’ll count it a blessing for as long as it lasts. I currently have the boys believing that she will devour anything that’s left out.  

She may, she may not, but they aren’t willing to risk it.
 
won’t you join me in a little happy dance?!

Wish me well in keeping up with the accidentlessness {huh, spell check doesn’t think that’s an actual word…silly} we have enjoyed so far.

Do you have any dogs? what kind?
I’d love to hear about him/her/them :)

Blessings~

12 comments:

  1. She is just gorgeous!! I wish you much fun and happiness with your new pup! We have a snautcher dog, 12 years old already and a real sweetie with our 12 cats LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrat with a puppy. She is beautiful :) You are so lucky.
    I have two dogs, one miniature poodle and one standard poodle. I love to have them in my life. I would love to have a puppy too, but this is not the right time for me, but some day I will. Good luck with your puppy :)I would love to see her more in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a dolly!!! we have Gus- a 14 y/o boston terrier that's blind & deaf & Sammy - a 6 m/o blue heeler/mini aussie pup. love our boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Izzy looks like she has a really sweet temperament. We have a grandpuppy that looks like Izzy and is such a snuggler. We always love it when she comes out to visit us and our two dogs - a German Shepherd and a terrier/lab mix. Keep us posted with regular pics of Izzy and the kids. So fun to have a dog, and did you know it is so good for kids too? Therapeutic, always a best friend, and the germs actually help build immunity. They say that kids with pets are healthier. :-)

    Check out my book, Second Chance - A Tale of Two Puppies. :-) Couldn't resist the plug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Izzy is beautiful...and blessed to have a family that loves her so much!
    I have Miss Rachel Manatee, she is a collie/black lab mix and is 9 now. She is very gentle and loving and would do anything for "her boy" who is now 16!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new puppy! My fiance and I just got a beagle puppy about a month ago. We named her Ellie and she is adorable! Definitely a mess though. Chews and bites everything she can get a hold of! lol She has finally stopped having accidents in the house.thank goodness! I'm so glad you and your family are enjoying your new pup!

    livinglifecrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alisa! I am so happy to hear it is going well. If I may say it, you sound smitten! What an incredible blessing. All this time I was concerned you were like me, dead inside :) I'm so glad you are loving her as much as the rest of the fam. She is indeed beautiful and sooo soft. You know what we have, a beagle, aka AnnaSophia Rose, aka Sophie, aka Idiot Stick. She's a mess but we love her. I pray your precious pooch stays so sweet and calm. What a huge blessing that would be ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOUR DOG LOOKS SOOO SWEET!! We adopted a dog from the SPCA in April...and we can't imagine our lives without him. We love him SO MUCH! If you come check out my blog...he usually makes an apprearance in every few posts... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I missed this post until now. I'm so glad you have fallen head over tail for her. I love the pink collar, how did you pull that off? We haven't had any accidents either. BD keeps Penny right beside him through school. She now sleeps in his room. It is so much easier for him to give all his extra attention to her. Thank you for opening your home to Izzy. Give her a hug from us, or a chew bone, I think she'd like that better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Izzy is precious!!! So glad things are going well so far. Sometimes those first few days are the hardest. Our little Stanley brings so much joy into our lives. I love the fact that whether we are gone for 15 minutes or all day, he's beyond excited to see us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Izzy is a cute pup! Love her markings:) We have a very sweet black lab, Riley. She's our surrogate child now that we are empty-nesters:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had Yorkies for the last 32 years. They're small, they don't shed and they don't eat much so, of course, they have little poop. =D Plus they're great company, ferocious because they don't know they're little and wonderful to cuddle with. Oh, your Izzy has such a sweet face. And look how wonderfully she sits at attention! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!