Monday, November 1, 2010

The Great Pumpkin Dessert

IMG_9542I promise this is the last pumpkin recipe I will post this year {I think?}

I made this last week for our Wednesday night dinner at church and had several requests for the recipe so I thought I would just share it with everyone. 

The filling in this dessert is very pumpkin pie like {only better}, but the topping is what makes it way better than pie! 

The Great Pumpkin Dessert

1 can {15oz} pureed  pumpkin ~ not pie filling
1 can {12oz} evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 cup finely chopped pecans

In a bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients with a whisk until smooth. Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with the dry cake mix, drizzle with butter and top with the nuts.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 min-1 hour or golden brown on top and set in the middle. 

Serve warm with a little whipped cream on top!

Enjoy and try not to eat it all in one sitting. Refrigerate leftovers {if there are any}.

this post is linked to Mouthwatering Monday, Tuesday at the table, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Anything related, Raising Homemakers  
 

14 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, I've gotten enough calories stuffed in my mouth in the past 24 hours, and then you have to come up with this goodness? Right before I head to the market? Looks divine, the Dunbar's will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish!!! I will try this soon! I love your blog....great stuff! :)
    Your newest follower,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dessert looks wonderful! And I've been stockpiling canned pumpkin since it's been in the stores - you can do so much with it! I can't wait to try this dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds DELISH! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe is on my "pumpkin to make list". It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious! This is on my "must make soon" list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect for Saturday night's dinner with company coming over! And I have all the ingredients - Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so amazingly moist. What a great pumpkin dessert. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh YUM!!! Just found your blog toady! Can't wait to give this a try- I LOVE FALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Questions regarding the recipe.... Sprinkle the cake mix- the whole box??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the entire box :) hope you enjoy!

      Delete
    2. yes, the entire box :) hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  12. Loved the simplicity of this, but a little too sweet for me. I think next time I would not use the whole box of yellow cake mix. Thanks for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!