Monday, February 28, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Icing

IMG_2488
These little gems are just plain yummy and perfect for a crowd. I love a recipe that makes a lot since I make desserts for church every week.

Plus~ chocolate and peanut butter together…..is there a better combo?
I think not.

Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Icing

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 -1/2 cups flour
1 -1/2 cups {quick} oatmeal

In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugars and peanut butter until fluffy. Add the vanilla and then add the eggs one at a time, making sure they are completely incorporated. Add the soda and salt and mix well. Slowly add the flour and oatmeal and mix on low just until incorporated. Do not over mix or your bars will be tough. You can stir in the flour and oatmeal by hand if you like. The mixture will be sticky.

Spray a jelly roll pan {15x11} with cooking spray. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. This is definitely the trickiest part because the mixture is pretty sticky. I put a plastic baggie on my hand, spray it with cooking spray and use that to press the mixture in the pan. You could also wet your hands a little so it doesn’t stick so much. Do what works for you.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12-14 minutes. Let cool and finish with the following. 

IMG_2467-1
Quick and Easy Chocolate Icing

1/4 melted butter
3 Tbsp cocoa pwdr
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar

mix all until smooth adding more sugar or milk to get  a desired consistency.

So yummy! Share and enjoy {it’s ok~ it makes plenty}


1-signature
This post is linked up to: Alissa’s Tasty Tuesday, Tempt my Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday    

8 comments:

  1. I have been craving chocolate and peanut butter all day! Will definitely try these .

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baggie with cooking spray on your hand is a great tip! These look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! This sounds wonderful!! Now I have GOT TO MAKE these bars. So glad you shared the recipe and thank you for linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I stopped by your site today for the recipe.While here I clicked on your Etsy shop and just bought the lotus iPad cover!! I can't wait to get it. Yea me! Your Esty store is great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peanut butter + chocolate is a favorite in our house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. why do you always come up with goodies that are my weakness? YUM! These look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this on Wed. and I keep walking past the pan eating one little piece after another. It's YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!