Monday, March 14, 2011

Menu plan week of 3.14.11

Hello there Monday morning!
You came an hour too soon according to my internal clock.
I’m happy for the extra hour of daylight in the evening,
but not so much that I had to loose it in the form of sleep. ick.

Did you all have a good weekend?
We did for the most part. Quiet, but good.


Today is the first official day of our spring break.
Too bad the forecast looks like this

22

We are in the middle there, by the peacock .
Neat.
I shouldn’t complain too much, friends of ours farther north got about 12”.
Hello Spring……where are you?
I know it will melt off quickly, but seriously…..the first day of spring break?
My teenage daughter thinks shopping will help cure the blues.

*************

Well, I am keeping it pretty easy this week as far as a menu goes. Britt won’t be here too much and I am hoping to get a few things done around here housewise so not much extra cooking time.

Here is what I have planned for the week:

Monday: Jerk Pork chops with carribean rice {didn’t have this last week}

Tuesday: Cheeseburger casserole, salad, cheddar biscuits

Wednesday: Spaghetti casserole at church {I am cooking for about 70}

Thursday: Reuben sandwiches

Friday: Teriyaki Chicken, brown rice and sugar snap peas

Saturday: Not sure on this one yet, whatever Corban chooses for his birthday dinner.

Sunday: Hashbrown and egg breakfast skillets with fruit


What do you have planned for your menu this week?

1-signature

3 comments:

  1. Let's hope this is our last snow of the season. At least it's melting quickly. And the high on Thursday is going to be 71, Can't complain about that! :) Nothing like crazy Kansas weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your menu plan ideas so much! My week always goes so much smoother with a plan, but I tend to get stuck in a rut and it's great to have some new family friendly ideas:-)
    I have ground beef out for tonight so cheeseburger casserole it is....
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww... I just clicked on your blog from faith blogs and saw this and it made me sad because I am from St. Joseph... currently living in the Seattle area with my husband who is in the Air Force...and we are desperately trying to get back to the midwest!!!
    Love your blog BTW :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!