Sunday, February 15, 2009

Menu plan - week of 2/16/09

Happy President's Day to ya!! The week ahead looks much more tame than the last several so I hope to get some bulk baking done and stashed in the freezer. We had french toast this evening for dinner made with pumpkin in the "batter" and it was really good. The idea came from the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and I was surprised that the french toast had an orange look to it, but didn't taste pumpkiny at all. No one even questioned the color. We also had smoothies with banana, yogurt, mixed frozen berries, honey, a little flax seed meal and spinach.....yep, spinach. I make smoothies all the time, but had never put the spinach in before for fear the kids would be able to see it, but with the berries in the mix, the spinach just disappeared. About half way through dinner....once I noticed everyone was scarfing down all their food and drink....I mentioned there was a secret ingredient in the smoothies and no one guessed it. I gave in and then the faces began, but not for long. They all asked for more so I guess it was good despite the extra additions. Here is my plan for the week:  

Monday: Slow cooker Chicken stroganoff with salad and fruit 

Tuesday: Raspberry chipotle porkchops, homemade rolls, salad and applesauce  

Wednesday: Taco salad at Church, I will bring Andes Mint brownies & No-bake cookies  

Thursday: Chicken enchiladas, yellow rice and black beans  

Friday: Meatball sandwiches, cheesy corn and mandarin oranges & bananas  

Saturday: Taco's  

Sunday: Lunch- Ham and beans with cornbread Dinner- Leftovers 

Bulk Baking items: Zucchini bread, pumpkin apple muffins, & oatmeal cake for a friends birthday. 

Visit Org. Junkie for hundreds of menu planning ideas.

1 comment:

I ♥ your comments! I reply to your comments through email, so if you'd like me to be able to reply, please include your email address in your blogger profile. Thanks!